The following organizations offer free or low-cost spay/neuter services. The requirements for assistance vary, so please review the requirements for each individually. These businesses/programs were aggregated as a courtesy and are neither endorsed, nor guaranteed, by Tony La Russa’s Animal Rescue Foundation.
There are several searchable databases designed to find low-cost spay/neuter programs in your community:
Local Spay/Neuter Clinics
The following spay/neuter clinics operate primarily within the San Francisco Bay Area:
- Offer a limited number of free and pay-what-you-can spay/neuter surgeries to dogs identified as ‘pit bulls’ in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties.
- Financial assistance to low-income residents of Contra Costa County toward the spaying and neutering of companion cats and dogs.
- Spay and neuter clinic in Oakland, CA.
- Services limited to Chihuahuas and Chihuahua mixes.
- Spay and neuter clinics in Dublin, CA and Oakland, CA.
- Services limited to pit bull terriers and pit bull mixes.