We share a passion for animals and a commitment to saving their lives. We’re equally committed to ensuring other animal lovers have access to the amazing joy and connection having pets brings.
From our teams working for the physical and behavioral success of animals entering our shelter to our pet family support and community solutions programming, we turn our passion into a force for good every day throughout the entire organization. And a recent ARF employee engagement survey revealed that an overwhelming number of our team members feel proud of the work they do.
Working at ARF isn’t just a job; it’s a calling. And when passion meets purpose, we are inspired to go the extra mile. And, the daily sight of wagging tails, thundering purrs and smiling faces remind us how much our work matters.
ARF’s leadership is committed to creating a positive work environment that values diverse points of view. If you’re ready to join a team that values compassion, innovation, and growth, (and you’re not afraid of a little fur on you), it’s time to take the leap to a rewarding new career and apply today.
Along with a competitive pay scale for the industry, employees gain personal satisfaction from making a difference in the lives of animals and people.
We offer the following benefits programs to full-time (30+ hours a week) employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans that start on the first of the month following the employee’s start date.
- Life, disability, and long-term disability insurance.
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer matching.
- Employee assistance program.
- Flexible spending account for medical and child care expenses.
- Pro-rated leave for vacation, sick*, bereavement, and holidays*.
- Employee-paid supplemental insurance*.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Staff discounts* for veterinary care and pet supplies.
- Pet-friendly workplace*.
*Available to part-time (20+ hours per week) employees
We are open seven days a week. Some departments work weekday business hours, while others have varied schedules. If you accept a position working directly with animals, holiday coverage is required on a rotating basis.
Positions working directly with animals require physical work including bending and lifting, and exposure to animal waste. Detailed requirements for each position can be found in the individual job descriptions.